Avery is really starting to focus better and I am pretty sure that we witnessed her first real smile a few days ago. She has also begun making little cooing noises. They are so cute. Her favorite game involves pushing her legs as hard as she can up against her dad's hands. She seems to get a real kick out of it.
We think that she may have colic due to the amount of crying that she does in the evenings. It is almost impossible to console her during this time and she cries so hard that sometimes I think she forgets to breathe. So far, the only thing that works to calm her down is to swaddle her and give her a passy. This typically works wonders and gives Aaron and I a bit of relief!
Lolly came to stay with us this weekend. She was definitely having Avery withdrawals and just couldn't wait any longer to see her. We had a great time and she was a great help. She even offered to babysit while Aaron and I went to movie on Saturday night. It was definitely nice for me to get out of the house, even for a few hours!
Avery, Lolly and Aaron - How handsome Aaron looks all dressed up in his work clothes!!
Avery has finally grown into one of her dresses! She has been too small to fit into most of the clothes that we have for her and so far onesies are the only type of clothes that have fit her. It was exciting to see her in a dress!
Avery had her first bath with actual soap this week. The nurses recommended that we only wash her with water for the first few weeks. She is not the biggest fan of baths!!
2 comments:
Too precious! I cannot wait to see her on the fourth! (oh yeah, and you guys too ;) )
I can't wait to see her on the 4th too!!! I miss her already!
Post a Comment