Sunday, June 7, 2009

Avery Weeks Two and Three!


Avery's Latest Picture
Well, we have successfully made it through the first 3 weeks of parenthood alive! We have survived the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, ear piercing cries - and have loved every minute of it (well maybe not the sleepless nights :o). Thanks to Katie (Aaron' sister) for setting up this great blog for us. We have been talking about starting a blog, but probably would never have actually done it without a jump start!

We took Avery to the doctor on Tuesday and discovered she weighed 6 lbs, 2 oz and was 19.5 inches long (when we left the hospital she was 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long). Since she was so small to start, we were relieved to find that she is growing at a healthy rate. Her umblical cord fell off last weekend - wahhoo!

Being sleep deprived all the time has turned out to be very difficult for me. Avery has been eating every 3 hours, and therefore I only get to sleep in between her feedings (which only gives me about 1 1/2 hours by the time I rock her back to sleep). Luckily, Avery has been nice to me the past few nights and has slept for over 4 hours a time! I never thought that 4 hours of sleep could sound good, but these days it is heavenly!! Hopefully she will continue this pattern. I guess I will find out tonight.

We have had tons of visitors - thank you to everybody who has stopped by to meet Avery ! I have attached some pictures below:

Avery is already a little Longhorn. With both her parents being avid Longhorns fans, I don't know that she has a choice :o)

Brock and Sarah - they just told us that they are 15 weeks pregnant as well. We are excited to have some friends in Austin that will soon be in the same boat we are in! I see lots of playdates in our future.

Terry, Susan and Colin - This is Aaron's dad, stepmother and brother. They drove up from Houston to see us for the day.

My Grandad
Clint and Liz - They brought all of us (including Aaron's family) yummy breakfast from The Kolache Factory

Brad and Christy (Aaron's brother and his girlfriend) drove down here from Shreveport and spent the weekend with us.


My sister's boys, Hunter and Carson. These are just two out of Avery's 10 cousins on my side of the family.
Avery & Nana in their Longhorn gear
Nana (my mom) was nice enough to stay with us last week. It was such a big help to have her here. We have been so lucky to have so much great help from our family.
Lolly and Avery
Aaron's mom came down from Longview to stay with us right after Avery was born. She was such a great help!! We went over to my sister's to take pictures of Avery and this one turned out so cute!





1 comment:

Julie T said...

So excited to see you up and blogging! I look forward to frequent updates on my sweet little niece.