Friday, May 29, 2009

up till now...

I am going to go a head and post one more entry and this is how, from my point of view, things have been going with baby Avery up to this point.

Avery's arrival started for me when I got a text from my daddy saying "Claire is having contractions. We are packing. They are going to the Dr. at 8." Mine and Aaron's mom and dad live a good five hours away from Austin so this news coming much earlier then expected was a whirl wind for them. Their morning was spent packing, rushing to work to update the boss, getting their dog, Chip, some place to stay and trying not to run themselves into a frenzy waiting for 8:00am to come around. Trust me, the clock has never moved so slow, for any of us I am sure! You can relive our minute-by-minute actions here. I constantly was calling to check in with my parents as the morning progressed and I didn't have to check in too long till Miss Avery was alive and well and out in the world! Claire delivered Avery around 11:25am. That's right people, she went into the doctor's office at 8:00am and Avery was here by 11:25am. I can only pray when I have children labor goes by that quickly for me - lucky, lucky woman.


I believe their first days in the hospital were filled with tears, happiness, visitors and above all else, love. I personally was very happy and excited for Aaron and Claire both but more so, I was very proud of my big brother. Here was the guy who, I kid you not, tried to pick me up by my ears when I was a child welcoming his baby girl into the world. Being a daddies girl myself, I know how earth moving this is and I was honestly just very proud of him and very proud for him. My brother, a daddy, to a beautiful baby girl. Life really can take your breath away sometimes, thank God.

I know Aaron and Claire have been spending the past week and some days getting to know Avery, setting up everything for her to be comfortable, adjusting Parsons so he doesn't think Avery is a chew toy and just being fantastically natural parents. Mine and Aaron's mom, Lolly (as Avery will call her) has been in Austin helping out since Avery was born and will be leaving this weekend. Claire's sister, Julie, and her boys have come to visit and have taken some adorable pictures of Avery over the past few days. You can read about their introduction here, on Julie's web page.


beautiful picture thanks to proud aunt Julie:
My husband, Bret, and I got to go down last weekend to meet Miss Avery for the first time and that was very exciting. My first initial impression was, "Oh my goodness, she is so tiny!" I just could not get over how easily she would ball up on my chest and in my hands. So was (is) so precious and as previously stated, the most beautiful baby girl in the world!


My husband and I with the most beautiful baby ever:


No worries people, I made sure Parsons was feeling the love too:
Bret and I were only there for a few short hours but we left feeling very proud of our new baby niece. This weekend Aaron and Claire will be having more visitors when our brother Brad comes to meet Miss Avery so it should be another experience. I know there are many, many stories with everyone else that I am missing and I know Claire will be posting those soon for everyone to read. (That's right Claire - pressure. feel it).
Well, I have enjoyed discussing my Avery life with you all and I cannot wait to hear all Aaron and Claire have to add and I will anxiously await more pictures until I get to hold that sweet baby girl again!
with love and peace, Aunt Katie.

No comments: