I apologize to all those Avery fans out there. I know that it has been several weeks since I last updated our blog. Things have really gotten crazy around here with me starting work again. For the last two weeks I have been working part time from home and it has proved to be a big challenge for me to juggle it all. We are fortunate that I am able to work from home so that I can stay with Avery for the next few weeks.
For those of you who don't know, Aaron just got a new job and we are really excited about it. He will be working as a property claims adjuster in the Austin/San Antonio area. As you probably know, he has been a catastrophe claims adjuster in the past and has really enjoyed that line of work. With wanting to start a family, however, the traveling involved with that job was not ideal. This current job is perfect for him because he can do what he loves, while staying close to home. We are very blessed he was able to find a good job in that industry.
Now, enough about us - Avery is doing great. She is really starting to smile alot and is noticing more and more of the world around her on a daily basis. She is learning to coo and can definately belt out some loud ones! Overall, she seems really happy. It just melts our hearts everytime we see her smile. She is still colicky in the evenings and it has been hard on us to hear her cry so much. We are hoping that she will get over it soon.
Both Claire and Erin (my best friends from high school/college) both came down from New York to visit and I was excited that they got the chance to meet Avery. I know that they were bummed that they couldn't be here for her birth.
We took Avery on her first family vacation for the 4th of July. We went with Aaron's parents and their friends - Roger and Sherry Nunally- to Lake Cherokee (outside of Longview). It was a very peaceful weekend. We stayed in a house right on the lake and had access to sea doos, a ski boat and a pontoon boat! We spent the weekend eating great food, playing the Wii and riding around in the water. It was definately a nice get away and we enjoyed having so many people there to help us with Avery. Next weekend, we will get to go to Possum Kingdom Lake with Pop Pop and Grandma Sue!
2 comments:
That is so exciting about Aaron's job! I love the new pictures you posted. She is already looking so much bigger. I can't wait to get some cuddle time with her again!
Great pictures! :)
Post a Comment