Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vacation TIme

So far our March has started off with a lot of adventure - both good and bad.
2 weeks ago both Avery and I came down with a horrible stomach flu which pretty much kept us nauseous for two straight days. Thank goodness Aaron did not get sick and was able to take care of his ladies. It was definitely hard on all 3 of us. More than anything, it just made us sad to see Avery so sick.
Terry, Susan and Colin came to see us a few days later and Avery got to have a little belated Christmas! We didn't get to see them in December, and this was the first time we were all able to get together.
Aaron and I both took well-deserved vacations last Thursday. I went to New York to see Claire, Erin & Amy, while Aaron went the opposite direction to fish Lake Guerrero/Mexico with Mark. We both had a great time and it was very nice to kick our feet back and relax for once! Thank you Nana for taking care of Avery. It was great to know she was in good hands.
Poor Avery -Doesn't this face just break your heart?


Dada trying to comfort his baby

Terry and Susan


Aaron's 6 lb fish - not quite as big as the 11 lb er he caught last year, but still a huge fish!


Mark's 6 lb fish


Aaron and Mark with Manuel, their fishing guide


Sunrise on Lake Guerrero


Me and Erin in front of the Met - it rained the entire time I was there, but we tried to make the most of it.

Not only did it rain, but the winds were insanely strong! This picture pretty much sums up the weekend.


Maggie (another friend from high school), me and Erin

Me, Erin and Claire living it up just like we did in our glory days.

View from Claire's rooftop deck


Me, Erin and Amy - We all tried to get in to see "Wicked" on Broadway through a lottery system, but we did not have any luck. Instead we settled on the show "Hair"

2 comments:

katie + bret said...

Man I love New York. How fun!!

I am glad you and Miss Avery are feeling better now. It's always blah to feel so sick!

love you
xx

Julie T said...

I'm so glad you two were both able to sneak away for a vacation. Looks like you had a great time!