I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas vacation and a Happy New Year!
December has been a whirlwind of events for the Camp family (as you can probably tell from my lack of blog entries) - including Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, trips to Longview, Tyler and Lufkin, vacation to San Antonio, hunting trips, dog sitting and so on....it seems as if we have had something to do every minute of every weekend.
Avery had a wonderful first Christmas and has enjoyed all of her gifts. Her toy collection has quadrupled in size since Christmas - which is great because we always have something to keep her busy! She is really getting good at sitting now and can entertain herself for long periods of time. We are just waiting for the day when she starts to crawl. Although, I am starting to feel that we should enjoy the time we have before she becomes mobile. After that, I hear it is a new ballgame.
As most of you know by now, we had professional pictures taken in November. Here is the link to our slide show for those of you who have not seen it yet.
The photographer did such a good job, and of course, we had the hardest time picking out the pictures! We wanted to get all of them.
Here are some more pictures to recap our month!
(taken on Christmas morning)
Peetie was acquired in our Camp Family white elephant ornament exchange, and I feel he will be a Camp family tradition from here on out. Avery's psuedo-aunt Claire gave her the little Christmas outfit.
They are cousins and were born 10 hours apart from each other. It has been fun to see them interact at family reunions and also for us moms to compare notes! I know that they will be life-long friends.
Well....if if they can learn not to fight over toys, they will be life long friends.
We stopped at Mimi's house (Aaron's grandmother) on the way home from Tyler. Avery loved meeting her great grandmother!
Aaron and I got to have a little get-away a few weeks ago. Aaron's boss has season tickets to the San Antonio Spurs (6 rows up from the floor) and he gave us tickets to one of the games. Nana babysat and allowed us to stay over night near the River Walk! This was the view from our seats.
We sat right by LARRY BIRD! (you can see him right over that set of glasses). Larry Bird is the general manager of the Pacers (which is the team the Spurs played that night). I am glad that Aaron recognized him because I sure did not. He has aged a bit since he played for the Celtics.
We left the Spurs game early because we heard that the Dallas Cowboys were beating the New Orleans Saints. We walked around the River Walk for an hour an a half looking for a bar that was playing the Cowboys game (because it was on the NFL network, not cable). We weren't having any luck and were getting very depressed. We finally stumbled across this bar - we were definitely out of our element here and some of our fellow patrons made us a bit nervous...but everybody was in a good mood due to the Cowboys victory. Needless to say, we left as soon as the game was over.
Gotta love the Alamo
Aaron went deer hunting earlier this month at my dad's land in Coleman and shot his very first deer. Not only was it his first time to shoot a deer, but he hit one the very first shot of the trip! We have been eating deer meat for the last week and probably have enough meat to get us through the next year!
4 comments:
Minus the deer (ew), GREAT pictures! I still love Avery in her little Christmas Eve dress!
So precious! I love you guys
xx
You all sure have had a busy month. Avery's Christmas dress is SO CUTE! No pictures of the 3 doggies together?...that would probably be a major feat to catch that one. Thanks again for dogsitting!
Y'alls professional pictures are amazing. I can see why you had such a hard time picking which ones to buy. Goodness it does get costly! Glad that y'all had a wonderful holiday!!
I finally had a chance to look at the videos of Avery taking her first steps and then walking very well two days later!! It brought back such precious memories of when my own took those 1st steps. I got all teary-eyed!! I love the blog yall have. I haven't had a chance to read everything but there was one picture that POPPED out! PEETIE the Peguin and Avery! I can't tell you the feeling I got when I saw that picture because that was one of the ornaments we brought to exchange! I thought Steven had lost his mind when he wanted to buy it for the game.(this being our 1st time playing and all, I wanted to get traditional ornaments) HA! lol He said, "It'll be fun...just wait". Well, he was right...it WAS fun and now a very special memory for us as well. Thank you for ading Peetie to the family. Also, kiss Avery for us and wish her a Happy First Birthday from us all. Love you all.
Aunt Joy
Post a Comment